Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My favorite snack (right now, anyway)

Austria is a land of the most delicious desserts on earth. Seriously, Salzburg has countless cafés and Konditoreien (a confectioner--they just bake goodies!), and the assortment of Kuchen, Torte, and other inventions can make your mouth water as you speed by a showcase on your bike.

But right now there's no other snack for me than the one you can only get at Hofer right now. That's the discount grocery store that we go to almost daily. The name of this snack has a very German name, so please don't despair if you cannot pronounce it. The name:

Chocolate Chip Cookies

They're chocolatey, they're good. I want to drink a liter (about a quart) of milk with each cookie. I want to eat a whole pack of cookies in one sitting (12), but I stop myself at three.

I should be craving Apfelstrudel or Sachertorte, but instead I can't get these Chocolate Chip Cookies off my brain. Tell me it's not bad. I mean how could something that tastes so good be so bad?